Steve Probasco is an award winning, full-time outdoor writer/photographer living in Raymond, Washington. Steve specializes in fly fishing and travel, and his "research" takes him all over North America. Steve's articles and photographs appear regularly in several regional, national, and international publications. Steve is the author of eight fly fishing books and one video on fly tying, with several other works in progress. Steve's most recent project is that of editor-in-chief of Northwest Fly Fishing magazine.
In addition to his writing and photography, Steve also travels the country with slide/lecture programs on several fishing destinations and subjects. He is a seminar speaker/fly tier at the FFF International Fly Fishing Shows, and also a speaker and fly tier at Ed Rice's International Sportmen's Expositions.
- Fishing Washington's Endless Season
- River Journal-Yakima
- River Journal-Big Hole
- Fly Fishing Desert-High Arid Lakes
- The Art of Fly Tying-An Anglers Complete Handbook & Kit
- Steelhead River Journal-Olympic Peninsula (due Aug 99)
- Montana's Blue Ribbon Fly Waters (due Winter 99)
- Fishing Washington's Best Fly Waters (due Spring 2000)
- Fly Patterns For Pacific Northwest Fishing (due Spring 2000)
Steve's books are available through
Back to Biographies Page / Back to Home Page
Back to Top